SCICON CAREERS | COMMUNICATIONS AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
SCICON SPORTS HEAD OFFICE, MUSSOLENTE, VINCENZA, ITALY
There has never been a more exciting time to join Scicon Sports. Over the past couple of years, we have experienced phenomenal growth and we are looking for more talented individuals to join our dynamic and dedicated team including a new Communications & Social Media Manager.
Scicon Sports was founded in 1980 with the scope of making the life of the travelling cyclist easier. With over 40 years of experience and an award-winning bags & luggage line up, Scicon Sports is an established leader in the category. In 2019 Scicon Sports was elevated to new heights and presented a sport performance and lifestyle eyewear range as well as a collection of cycling clothing and ready to wear range of tailored leisure apparel with tees, polos, shirts, sweaters, pants and accessories.
This full-time position is an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding sports and lifestyle brand as a Communications and Social Media Manager. You are responsible for driving communications, developing copy and managing social media for Scicon Sports. The role's responsibilities include strategically mapping and streamlining communications across press releases, product descriptions, social media, and editorial features as well as building and maintaining media relationships.
The candidate will be an integral part of an in-house team that sits at the heart of the brand with a strong reputation for consistently delivering top-class written content and comms. Possessing an excellent command of the English language, you will have high standards for your own work, developing copy with style and paying careful attention to detail and deadlines.
This role will report directly to the Brand Manager of Scicon Sports but will work closely with many functions within the business: frequently collaborating with the Brand Creative Director, E-commerce team, Customer Care and Finance.
- Developing the written elements of the Scicon Sports content strategy including editorial features, press releases, social media posts, marketing emails, product & category descriptions on sciconsports.com
- Planning, development and management of organic and paid Social channels: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn
- Ensuring global campaigns are executed flawlessly and with the right tone of voice for Scicon Sports across multiple comms channels and customer touch points
- Driving consistency of planning and execution across Scicon Sports’ key communications channels
- Leveraging analytics proactively and reactively to monitor KPIs and drive success with our online community, making changes to react to trends on the fly where necessary
- Working with our digital team to ensure all communications are delivering against marketing goals
- Setting targets for all key PR and social activity (qualitative and quantitative) and reporting back to the business on a monthly basis
- Manage press samples distribution aligned with global product launches
- Understand the global public relations landscape for Scicon Sports
- Experience working with both marketing teams in-house as well as with external parties, managing multiple press and influencer relationships
- Prepare for and resolve all crisis and corporate PR communications that may arise
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor degree level (Business, Marketing, Communication or Modern Languages)
- Fluent in English, a second language is a plus
- Comes with strong knowledge and passion for outdoor sports
- An experienced writer that is happy to craft copy both from an operational and creative lens
- Experience managing social media platforms and/or previous agency, journalistic or brand experience
- Highly motivated clear communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, who’s able to issue concise feedback and direction to internal and external stakeholders
- Loves to plan, build and manage project and production timelines and budget
- Highly organized and excellent analytical, relational, management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and experience with critical deadlines
- Passionate about your work with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Has a natural sense of urgency and approach to work daily
- Good business acumen
Scicon Sports is a challenger brand and growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Scicon Sports offers competitive pay, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture and an energetic atmosphere for professional development. Interested applicants are invited to send their application via email to [email protected].
The information below is required for social login
Create New Account